“Nobody makes games for us”
These are the words of a blind gamer that inspired the creation of Sonnar Interactive. Committed to disrupting the status quo for those who are blind or partially sighted, our mission is to place accessibility at the heart of design; using our expertise in voices, sounds, and new technologies to create inclusive user experiences for both sighted and non-sighted users.
Starting off as a project aimed at bringing the fun of video games to nearly 300 million people with vision impairment around the world, we delivered Audio Game Hub- an award winning set of experimental games. We eventually grew; as we realise that the demand for high quality softwares and applications that are accessible to all does not stop here.
Sonnar is a leading expert in harnessing the power of audio and voice technologies to open up the world for people with accessibility needs.
We are here to be your technical partner
Leave the technical side to us so you can focus on supporting your community and furthering your mission.
This is what we will do:
- Product development/installation
- Cloud hosting
- Content and CRM integration
- Technical support and maintenance
- Training and on-boarding for your staff to the product
- Customisation (branding, features, and modules)
Awards & Recognition
- “Alexa Champion” by Amazon – January 2020
- “Warner Music Alexa Hackaton” winner by Warner Music Australia – 12 April 2019, Sydney, Australia
- “Best Multimodal Kids Skill Experience” award at Alexa Multimodal Challenge – 17 April 2019, United States
- “Highly Commended” at Wielka Gala Integracji 2018 – 17 November 2018, Warsaw, Poland
- “Best Accessibility Experience” nomination at Google Play Awards 2018 – 25 April 2018, United States
- “Highly Commended” at NZ Innovation awards 2017 – 19th October 2017, Auckland, New Zealand
- “App of the month” award by the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) – September 2016, United Kingdom
- “Representation Award” by Play by Play International Games Festival – 18th April 2016, Wellington, New Zealand
- “AUTEL Innovation Challenge” winner by AUT University – 26th November 2015, Auckland, New Zealand